Pilgrim began in October of 1922, when the mission board of the Wisconsin Synod purchased an old church building at 39th street and Grand avenue.
Pastor Paul T. Bast, who remained our pastor for over 17 years, came to organize a congregation in the South Minneapolis area.
February 4, 1923 is the beginning date from which our anniversaries are counted.
On February 1, 1942, the "new" Pilgrim on 3901-1st Avenue South, where it still resides, was dedicated to the glory of the Triune God. This dedication took place on Pilgrim's 19th anniversary.