Cancelled due the virus outbreak
Watch us online at
9:30 a.m on Sundays
Sunday 9:30 am
Free Coffee and Treats are provided before and after the Sunday morning service
Sunday School PreK-6
(Children go to Sunday School after the Children's sermon; shortly after the beginning of the service.)
Bible Study starts at 8:30 am
Where To Park
Parking is available on both sides of 1st Ave. Saturday and Sunday,
and on the west side of 1st Ave. Monday through Friday.
In addition, parking is available on both sides of 39th St. and on the west side of Stevens Ave.
There are also several disability spaces along the alley and next to the church.
Pilgrim Evangelical Lutheran Church,
3901 First Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55409
“Sing Along” with Arthur video (pilgrimonline.net) Favorite Hymns
A Mighty Fortress
My Country Tis Of Thee
Abide With Me
Just As I Am
My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less
God Be With You Till We Meet Again
Morning Coffee Virtual Class
Thursdays at 9AM
Join us on Thursday for Morning Virtual Coffee and a Bible Class. All are invited (men and women). Just make your own coffee! ;-)
We are starting a new series on Joseph.
It is a great 8 week series that you will enjoy.
Join us on ZOOM.COM!
Bible Study Wednesday's at 6 PM
We are meeting on Zoom Wednesday nights and Thursday Morning to study God's Word. We are working out the problems, we want you to join us!
We will continue these classes. You are free to join us and invite friends as well!
Please contact Jon Jackson at 651-343-4815 or Pastor at 612-222-2050 for more information or for assistance with setting up Zoom.
|Face Masks Available!
Multiple people within the congregation have expressed their willingness to make fabric face masks for anyone in the Pilgrim Family. If you need one please contact one of the people below to work out the details.
Laurie Sorensen 612-327-3127 Bonnie Doepel 763-248-0667
|Worship Guidelines May 2020
This is a rough draft of a copy that the Worship Committee is working on for when we can resume worshiping.
Please feel free to comment to committee members.
When the State of Minnesota allows: worship group size might be limited to 1/3 of sanctuary/room capacity with the following conditions and practices (until June 1, no more than 10):
- Mark off pews to encourage social distancing. (unless they are the same family living together).
- Sanitize pews and other surfaces before and after each service.
- Offer optional forehead temperature to help someone to see an oncoming sickness.
- Make hand sanitizers available at all entryways.
- Prop open doors and designate one-way traffic patterns to ensure social distancing. Have ushers assist when necessary to help maintain physical distancing.
- Post signs indicating social distancing and sanitation protocols.
- Take seat cushions out of the pews since they collect germs.
- Offering plates and other items will not be passed person to person, but dropped at a designated location while entering or exiting.
- Encourage worshipers to bring their own face covering.
- Instruct worshipers not to greet each other with any form of touching.
- Remove hymnals from pews.
- Increase ventilation.
- Discourage visiting before and after worship services.
- Plan for restroom occupancy limitations.
- People who may stay at home: Those at higher risk, not feeling well, or exposed to someone ill.
- Identify a safe process for those counting the offerings.
- If your church provides children’s busy bags, remove those at least for now.
- Suspend potluck meals or other types of fellowship related snacks?
- Apply the same social distancing guidelines to gathering for Bible classes and meetings
Lord’s Supper Distribution Protocol:
- The preparer of the elements will wear gloves and mask.
- The distributors will wear gloves and masks and limit contact with bread and wine.
- Use individual cups with cups spaced apart.
- Approach the altar six feet apart.
- If any tray that is contaminated, for any reason, it will be discarded.
|Pilgrim Lutheran Church Family
"Hi Pilgrim Family! We decided to create a Facebook group for us all to stay connected and spiritually supported while we can't actually gather for church. Anyone in the congregation is welcome to join our Facebook group. Please take a minute to join us in the group so that we can all stay connected and support each other in their faith each day."
Thank you to Amanda Bielke for setting up this page!
Curious what to post? Here are some ideas:
- Any encouragement you want to share
- Ideas and Suggestions for how you or your family are practicing your faith at home
- Prayer requests
- Anything that you want to share to stay connected with others in our Pilgrim Church family
- Favorite songs, Bible Verses, etc.
|March 27 - Further Notice
- Pastor will be working from home and will be at church on a limited basis.
- Bonnie will be working limited hours in the church office
During this time we both want to serve the members of Pilgrim. Please call before you come to the church or contact us at the numbers below:
Pastor: Cell 612-222-2050 email email@example.com
Bonnie: Cell 763-248-0667 email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have noticed more “hits” on our webpage when people share. If the service is one that you benefited from, why not share it?
This is a much easier way to invite a friend who might be “searching” to Pilgrim.
If you need a bag of groceries please contact Pastor and he will arrange a time to pick up or delivery. Pastor (612-222-2050)
We ask that you pass this information on to those who do not have email.
Thank you: Jordan Gaal, Jon Jackson, Alex Bade, Silas and Alison McAghon, Laurie Sorensen, Sharon Ledin, Arthur Wessels, Bonnie Doepel, Paula Schmeling
|Bob & Betty H. - doing well during the "Shelter in Place"
Everyone is encouraged to share a picture of activities during the shut down. Send pictures to email@example.com. Thanks!
|Thank you Silas, Alison & Oliver for delivering groceries!